Application Engineering - Control Design
Application Engineer - Control Design is the technical pre-sales who leads MBD (Model Based Design) implementation in embedded application using MathWorks products in various industries.
MathWorks provides various products to cover MBD life cycle / V model such as plant modeling, control design, validation and verification, auto code and testing.
He/she is expected to promote MathWorks products through customer meetings, private seminars, conferences and/or webinars. It is important to link sales, development, and marketing, so he/she must be an excellent communicator.
- Providing technical pre-sales support, in understanding and synthesizing customer requirements, then explaining the features and capabilities of our products and related third party products relative to their specific needs.
- Preparing and delivering product presentations to customers. These are delivered during customer meetings and during marketing seminars where large audiences exist.
- Developing demonstration programs, application examples, and simulation models. These are generally used as support for a sales call or to make a solution clear relative to an application support assignment.
- Providing technical support to customers who require guidance on how to use evaluation products for their adaption of MathWorks product.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Japan.
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink (or similar tools)
- Knowledge of MBD is a plus
- Knowledge of control design and/or plant modeling is a plus
- Knowledge and experience of C/C++ is a plus
- Fluency in Japanese
- Business level English communication skill is a plus
- Team work
- Motivation for customer facing activities