Senior Font Developer at adobeApply Now
The Adobe Type Development team is looking for a senior font developer to coordinate and contribute to complex Adobe's industry-leading font projects supporting Chinese-, Japanese-, and Korean-speaking users. This role would involve commonly used font-production software, the use and creation of custom production tools, manipulation of large data sets for East Asian languages, as well as contributions to open source projects and standards organizations.
What you'll do
• Work with members of our Font Development teams in Japan and the United States, creating commercial and open-source OpenType fonts supporting pan-CJK typography.
• Coordinate the activities of the Japanese font development team.
• Maintain and manipulate the large sets of character and glyph data required for pan-CJK fonts, for the benefit of Adobe's font projects as well as for standards organizations to which Adobe contributes.
• Develop custom software and scripting tools for font production.
• Review glyph data and source code developed by the font team as well as our third-party collaborators.
• Support the font wider development community with contributions to open-source font and tool projects (Adobe's AFDKO and Source Han font projects, Google's Noto CJK and fonttools projects), and articles and talks on CJK font development.
What you'll need to succeed
• MA, MS, or other advanced degree in typography or computer science
• 4 or more years of professional font production experience with Asian languages or global writing systems
• Proficiency with Python-based scripting for font development, industry standard tools for font development (Robofont, Glyphs, Fontlab), and other libraries of font-development tools (AFDKO, fonttools)
• 2 or more years of experience participating in standards organizations, such as ISO or the Unicode Consortium
• Japanese and English fluency
Get to know the team
Adobe’s Digital Media Business Unit focuses on advancing state of the art content and driving digital transformation of industries. It provides tools and services that enable individuals, small businesses, and enterprises to create, publish, promote, manage and monetize their content anywhere through the Adobe Creative Cloud and Document Cloud.
Adobe’s creative and document solutions are used by designers, photographers, filmmakers, content publishers, storytellers, UX designers, knowledge workers, consumers and more. Through our connected apps and services, customers have all the tools and assets they need to create and manage content across desktop and mobile devices.
Take a peek into Adobe life in this video.
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.