Senior Data Engineer at amazonApply Now
*Please submit English resume when you apply for the job*.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are looking for a Data Engineer to be a part of the Japan Innovation team.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is always learning and improving as the business grows and the relevant technologies continue to evolve. If you enjoy innovating, thinking big and want to contribute directly to the success of an industry changing business, you may be a prime candidate for this position.
· Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solution.
· Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python and Spark.
· Mentor and develop other DE's and BIE's.
· Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
· Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
· Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
· Bachelor's degree or higher Computer Science or Engineering.
· Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering and/or complex business analytics.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
· 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
· Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and Data warehousing. Data Warehousing
· Experience with Redshift
· Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS.
· Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
· Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
· Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
· Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modelling decisions and data engineering strategy
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
· Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Masters in computer science or mathematics.