Software Development Engineer - Alexa Mobile at amazonApply Now
Interested in working on mobile experiences? Join us to build mobile experiences for our customers world-wide. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. We expect you can help us build great mobile applications to delight our customers world-wide. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge mobile products used every day, by people you know.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core mobile product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these mobile product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering mobile features and products. A commitment to team work, good mobile development experiences, and strong communication skills to work well with multiple development teams around the world are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building mobile products. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS)
· Analytical abilities and design skills.
· Fluency in English (at least Business level English is required).
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
· Experience building developer facing products and services
· Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.