Software Development Engineer - Alexa Mobile Development at amazonApply Now
Interested in Alexa and the companion app for mobile? Help us build new mobile experiences for our customers in Japan and world-wide. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience in mobile development (Android and iOS)
· Analytical abilities and design skills.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with full-native, hybrid, and pure-web mobile app development
· Experience building developer facing products and services
· Experience building frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.