Software Development Engineer, JP Delivery Experience at amazonApply Now
International Technology (InTech) team based in Tokyo, Japan is seeking a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to lead Amazon's highest-impact and largest-scale delivery programs. Our team drives complex business problems, leveraging both company-wide platform solutions as well as designing them from the ground up where they don’t exist. Delivery is a key part of the customer experience when shopping on Amazon. If you've ever placed an order with Amazon Japan free shipping or arrange a delivery pickup at a convenience store, then you've experienced some of Amazon's delivery programs. We build global technology solutions, going beyond localization to customize programs to the logistics and e-commerce standards in each country where we operate. Not only must our software scale, but it must adapt to regions ranging from downtown Tokyo to remote Alaska.
To be successful in this role, you must be technically strong with knowledge in distributed systems, micro-services, experience developing large scale web application, and be aware of the intricacy of various services that form a large e-commerce platform. You take pride in tackling challenges, excel at working in an agile environment and get excited in taking high level concepts to fully implemented technical solutions for Amazon customers. You will get your hands dirty designing full stack of software and work with business stakeholders, data scientist and partner technical teams across US and other locations. You will create quality software by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to a myriad of technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS).
If you are excited to own and solve complex problems, work with a creative dynamic team, and have passion to build features that millions of customers would love to use, we want to hear from you.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
· 4+ years professional software development experience
· 4+ years developing web services or applications
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST
· Ability to communicate in English
· Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Proficiency using web development technologies and techniques, including HTML5, CSS, ReactJS, etc.
· Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)