Apple Support - Software QA Engineer at appleApply Now
The Software QA Engineer will be assigned to ensuring the successful execution of the Business Testing (BT) phase of specific programs and initiatives that are being deployed and supported by the GSO Shared Services organization in JAPAC region. This position will base on-site at our corporate office in Tokyo.
- Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways
- Deep understanding of Quality Assurance methodologies
- Should possess functional, regression and Business Testing experience
- Naturally driven with a desire to contribute
- Analytically minded and very detail oriented
- Enjoys testing, finding problems, analyzing risk and assessing quality
- Takes initiative to dedicatedly identify and solve problems
- Strong emphasis on exploration discovery and communication of software defects
- Implement creative approaches, professional concepts and organizational objectives to resolve complex issues and achieve successful outcomes
- Ability to collaborate with others and work harmoniously within a diverse environment of personalities
- Apple customer support experience is a plus
- Understanding of regional differences and challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese
Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans, automated scripts and programs for testing. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems. Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Working closely with SPQA (Shared Services PMO Quality Assurance) leads discussing the requirements on each project, providing feedback, reporting and documenting product defects. - Mentoring rotational testers from the Contact Center on testing methodologies and good ‘bug’ writing procedures. - Running, building, and maintenance of test script scenarios, complete with the expected results, all of which are based on direct knowledge of the design and the project requirements. - Becoming a Subject Matter Expert on all Support Programs tools. Transferring knowledge about project requirements, design and scripts. - Participating in weekly checkpoint meetings with key members which includes identifying which tickets require discussion and ensuring that proper attention is focused on the correct priorities. - Participating in Go-Live by validating the program after deployment and supporting the program in warranty by working issue tickets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.