Solution Architect at auth0Apply Now
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Our mission is to simplify developers' lives, improve security, and reduce identity TCO for our enterprise customers, by making identity simple, secure and extensible. We strive to maintain a welcoming and inclusive culture built on the principle of "No B.A.P." (No BS, No A-holes, No Politics).
We are seeking individuals with technology support and business consulting experience, to provide complex support services of our flagship SaaS solution. Reporting to the Japanese Country Manager, this individual will work closely with our customers, Customer Success Managers, Sales, Support and field delivery personnel to provide break-fix support, operational maintenance, and excellent support services.
This position is an integral part of Auth0's long-term relationship with its global customers, and the efforts put forth by this individual will directly impact the long-term success of the relationship. In order to succeed in this team, this individual must have the passion and energy to work in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
- Support and maintain customers who have implemented the Auth0 SaaS solution, resolving customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Operational management of clients (e.g. loading new data, maintaining and validating dashboard/report outputs, etc.…).
- Configure, test, troubleshoot, & document dashboards, reports and underlying data models to meet functional design and specifications.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with clients and achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work as part of our extended support team in a startup atmosphere, doing whatever it takes to exceed customer expectations.
- Use your business and technical analysis skills and knowledge of development lifecycle to solve complex issues and promote best practices.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Provide end user training as needed.
- Be the Auth0 subject-matter expert and go-to resource for delivering Auth0 integrated solutions and Auth0 implementation best practices.
- Work with customers to understand their solution goals and desired outcomes and align those with Auth0 capabilities.
- In collaboration with customers, architect solutions that align with industry and Auth0 best practices and that address customer goals.
- Conduct architectural and code reviews of Auth0 integrated solutions for customers and partners alike.
- Be the voice of the customer and Auth0 solution expert when collaborating with Auth0 internal Product, Security and Engineering teams.
- In collaboration with the other members of the Auth0 Professional Services team, build reusable assets and materials that enable the Auth0 Community.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong to expert skills in data analysis/manipulation.
- Self-starter – able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Ability to quickly context-switch between multiple complex work streams.
- Leverage domain knowledge and deep product skills to quickly gain understanding of the intent of a delivered solution.
- Instinctive ability to subdivide problems into basic components in order to efficiently pinpoint root cause of issues.
- Client-focused attitude — a customer advocate.
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills.
- Competent with packaged application software implementation practices.
- High-level knowledge of enterprise development lifecycle, business, and technical environments.
- Hands-on experience with implementing solutions that integrate identity and access management.
- Hands-on experience with authentication protocols e.g. OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML.
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application e.g. password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, CSRF.
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud and hybrid solutions with AWS, Azure, Heroku or other cloud platforms.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with at least one web development language/technology e.g. NodeJS, .NET, Java, etc.
- Proven solution architecture experience in cloud, hybrid and mobile solution scenarios.
- Experience in designing and developing APIs and RESTFul services.
- Experience with web security best practices and standards.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, etc.
- Familiar with application integration design patterns.
- Familiar with DevOps processes e.g. continuous integration, etc.
- Must be fluent in Japanese and English.
- Based in Tokyo
Experience & Education:
- Minimum 5 years of technical support and/or Development.
- 5+ years of solid experience in a business or technical analyst role or technical consulting role for medium to large-scale business software implementation projects.
- 4-year degree in engineering, computer science, MIS or equivalent.