Product Support Specialist, Japan at boxApply Now
We are looking to add our 5th Tokyo based Technical Support team member. Do you love using new technology? Do you enjoy finding solutions to problems and being the hero to someone who needs help?
Ideally, you enjoy customer interaction and like solving tough issues. You are smart and resourceful. You communicate issues to engineers on a technical level yet still speak clearly and in an assuring voice to customers. You know we are going to take over the cloud someday, and you are going to help make that happen.
In this Technical support role, you will manage support emails and phone calls, investigate issues, troubleshoot problems, log bugs in our bug tracking system, follow up on existing issues, provide customer insights and feedback to Product, Engineering, Marketing, and others, and generally help us provide the best product possible.
- Provide awesome support to our customers (of course)
- Resolve web based and phone requests via Zendesk (our CRM), Community, phone, Webex and other tools
- Be both a support representative and a consultant for a variety of subjects related to our web application, desktop clients, mobile applications, and other tools
- Speak to users about technical issues in a way they can understand
- Utilize internal tracking tools to manage issues between Customers, Support, and Engineering
- Have a blast making one of the fastest rising cloud content companies even better!
- Native, or fluent Japanese and English speaker
- BA/BS or equivalent 4-year degree required
- 3 or more years of experience in technical support or customer service
- Able to work independently and make decisions; demonstrated ability in managing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills in Japanese and English
- Demonstrated passion for troubleshooting issues
- A strong sense of empathy with customers
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES
- Experience with globally spread support organization
- Strong problem solving, judgment, and organizational skills
- Naturally curious about how organizations scale
- Ability to multi-task and to quickly change pace on a moment’s notice
- Obsessed with details, systems, and processes
- Highly focused; able to execute perfectly on one-off projects as well as on routine tasks
- Strong communicator; places a high value on customer service
- Ability to manage high volume of transactions and juggle multiple responsibilities
- Experienced in writing Japanese style “Incident report”
- Experience with Billing Support is preferred
- Experience with managing an outsourced vendor is preferred