Support Engineer at cybereasonApply Now
Cybereason's mission is to ‘protect it all’ – anything that has a processor and is connected to the internet. A new approach to cyber threats is being called for to defend against hackers who rarely rest and constantly evolve. Our endpoint detection and response platform combines machine learning, AI-driven threat analysis, and an Active Monitoring team, to stop the world’s most advanced cyber attacks.
With substantial investment from SoftBank Corp., Cybereason established ‘Cybereason Japan’ in 2016 and our team continues to grow rapidly!
As a Support Engineer, you will be a client-side technical support engineer improving customer satisfaction through pro-active engagement with our partners.
What you will do
- Troubleshooting of client side part of Cybereason security solution (mainly Windows)
- Responsible for client-side customer requests under defined SLAs
- Escalating difficult cases if necessary
What we are looking for
- Excellent Windows (mostly 7, 8, 10) troubleshooting skills (e.g. Windows slowness, freezes)
- Knowledge of Windows services and boot process of Windows desktop machine (servers like IIS, MailEnable, Exchange etc. are _not_ needed)
- Clear understanding of investigation steps and the questions to ask customer during technical investigation
- Extensive experience supporting Japanese customers in Japanese (both phone and email)
- Superb knowledge of troubleshooting tools for Windows (process monitor, process explorer, etc.)
- Logical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to explain highly technical things to the customers at various levels of technical knowledge
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP), understanding different types of proxies
- Be able to troubleshoot networking problems with wireshark
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision while constantly providing feedback to the relevant stakeholders
- Enjoy learning new things and working in fast-paced environment
- Native Japanese language
- English (reading/writing) to be able to escalate issues to HQ support
- Strong advantage for candidates with:
- Ability to debug applications using Windows memory dump files
- Knowledge of remote package distribution software under Windows used in Japan (e.g. Skysea, etc.), Powershell scripting or knowledge
- Ability to troubleshoot Mac and Linux services
- Understanding the basics of cyber security
More about our team
Cybereason is growing rapidly and we look forward to welcoming new team members and future leaders to our culturally diverse, collaborative and dedicated Japan team! Work in cooperation with a growing team of over 500 people (and growing!) with team in Tel Aviv and Boston.
More about working at Cybereason Japan
Our offices are open, highly supportive and fun! To support you at work, we provide a very flexible work-life balance, plenty of food and drinks and guidance to expand your experience and career.