Software Developer: Scientific Applications at enthoughtApply Now
Founded in 2001, Enthought helped establish Python's scientific community and became an early leader in scientific digital transformation. Our team of “scientists who code” pairs in-depth science expertise with data strategy, modeling, simulation, AI and more to transform businesses that depend on science. We solve complex problems for some of the most innovative and respected organizations across the oil and gas, life sciences, chemical, and semiconductor industries. Enthought is a highly collaborative, low-hierarchy workplace. "Enthoughters" are passionate about life, intellectually curious, dedicated to doing quality work, friendly, and fun. Enthought is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Houston, Texas, Cambridge, United Kingdom, Zürich, Switzerland, and Tokyo, Japan.
The Software Developer at Enthought, Inc. participates in the development of scientific and technical applications involving GUIs, 2D and 3D visualizations, workflow and pipeline architecture, and numerical algorithms for our proprietary products and for customer applications. We currently have openings in Austin (USA), Tokyo (Japan) and Cambridge (UK). Some travel may be required.
We are interested both in experienced applicants as well as in recent graduates. Applicants should have a BS, MS, or PhD degree with a strong background in science and mathematics, as well as real experience developing quality software, either commercial or open source. More experienced applicants should have demonstrated aptitude for collaborative software development and the ability to work with developers of all experience levels. Project management skills and team leadership experience is a plus.
What you will bring:
- (Required) Bachelor's Degree in scientific, mathematical or engineering field with preferably an M.S. or Ph.D. degree.(Required)
- Minimum 2 years of technical lead or software development experience with 4 or more years preferred.
- Ability to understand a problem domain and then conceive of and implement an intuitive user interface geared toward the scientist or engineer user.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism to write readable, documented, and unit-tested code that serves as an example to those who study your work
- Strong work ethic and commitment to satisfying the customer.
- Experience with Python and its scientific ecosystem, and a strong understanding of how to apply its capabilities to develop visualizations, work flow frameworks, and elegant scientific applications.
- Strong understanding of statistics, optimization, image processing, signal processing, or other similar area.
What we offer:
- Interesting, impactful, and intellectually challenging projects.
- A richly collaborative environment with a culture where we enjoy working with one another, and respect and learn from one another.
- A workplace where each individual is valued for his or her ability to make pragmatic judgements and strengthen skills.
- Opportunities to take risks, grow and advance in your career.
- A work culture infused with science, technology, and software.
- A good work life balance.
- Performance based bonuses, competitive benefits package, retirement benefits (eg. 401K and pension plans), and stock options.
Enthought is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.