Technical Solutions Engineer, Google Cloud Platform at googleApply Now
- Experience working in a technical solutions, professional services, engineering or sustaining/systems engineering role.
- Ability to speak and write in English and any one of the following: Chinese, Japanese or Korean
- Experience in one or more of Google Cloud Platforms-as-a-Service (PaaS) products such as Google App Engine, Cloud Functions, etc., or open source or proprietary equivalents.
- Knowledge of web development protocols (e.g. HTML5, AJAX, XML, JSON, RFCs 2109/2965, 1945/2616).
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows systems. This could include kernel, shell, system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols.
- Effective network administration and troubleshooting skills, with an understanding of Linux system administration.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting, problem solving, resourcefulness, attention to detail, and communication skills, with the ability to keep pace with rapid changes in Google Cloud Platform products.
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You swiftly problem-solve technical issues for customers to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Google Cloud business and in bringing our product portfolio into companies around the world.
Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own our largest and most important customer issues in addition to providing support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24x7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue with as little customer effort as possible.
The best time to solve a customer issue is before it happens by working to identify the root problem and use your first hand experience to work with a team of engineers.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers and developers see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Own the customer’s problem through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google's product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis, so we can identify and resolve future issues quickly.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work closely with multiple product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product, and interact with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams to drive high-quality production.
- Understand customer issues proactively and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams.