Support Escalation Engineer (O365) at microsoftApply Now
As a Support Escalation Engineer, you will have a chance to solve technically complex problems for our customers from Japan. Your technical and relationship skills are critical to the success of the customer’s perception of value of the Microsoft solution. It involves broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; and collaborate with Product Group to resolve the technical problems, and help improving the product quality.
We are looking for people who
- Are curious and eager to sort complex issues
- Like to collaborate in multicultural environments and interacting with product groups to resolve service issues
- Are autonomous with a strong sense of customer service to be able to engage with the right internal audiences
As a Support Escalation Engineer, you will receive escalations and technical questions from our frontline support engineers, then provide solutions quickly
You will have the opportunity to foster positive customer relationships and build customer loyalty in Microsoft, while effectively managing challenging situations.
Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with customers, and global team of engineers.
Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues
Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require outside of normal business hours or on-call rotation.
Use trace analysis, debug skills, and other proprietary tools, to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; this may involve writing code.
Maintain strong working knowledge of released products, take ownership for product improvement.
Responsible support area is one or two of below:
- Skype for Business, Teams
- Office ProPlus
- SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Yammer
- Exchange Online
- Identity, Admin
- 2+ years of full time Development/IT operation experience
- 日本語: ネイティブな日本語能力。読み書き会話。
- Japanese: native or fluent (speaking, reading, writing). Communication with internal teams and customers is required.
English: fluent (speaking, reading, writing). Communication with global team is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must have enough technical depth to communicate with development and other internal organizations at a peer level
- Must possess the ability to work independently with minimal management supervision
- Demonstrated quick learning skill on technical knowledge
- Solid Computer science background is must
- A superior knowledge and demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft .NET framework, SQL server, Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS), and authentication with Active Directory.
- Good general networking knowledge including DNS, TCP/IP, Sub-netting, and VoIP, SIP if you work on Skype for Business or Teams
- Experience of using support tools such as Fiddler, HTTPWatch, NetMon, IE Developer Tools.
- Understanding of SharePoint development methodologies, C#, Sandbox solutions (optional).
- Be familiar with PowerShell / Active Directory is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Exchange Server / SharePoint Server / Skype for Business Server / Office 365 is preferred.
Join us as a Support Escalation Engineer for Office 365, then be one who delivers on our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.