Technical Specialist at microsoftApply Now
The Cybersecurity Solutions Group (CSG) empowers enterprises to confidently move to the cloud and modernize their platforms by delivering the security solutions, expertise and services needed to keep their data safe. CSG is looking for a passionate, experienced and credible identity protection and Azure security professional to join our growing team of Global Black Belts (GBBs). Your main goal in this role will be to win the technical decision of customers to purchase and use Azure Active Directory premium services (Conditional Access, Microsoft Cloud App Security integration, Identity Protection, Privileged Identity Management) and securely architect Azure IaaS and PaaS workloads. In this role, you will be expected to both own and win the customer’s technical decision, as well as find new opportunities to pursue in partnership with the broader CSG sales team.
Because of the relative complexity of these opportunities, the GBB role forms strong v-teams across Microsoft and beyond. Candidates align their efforts with the Microsoft account teams, specialist sellers, Microsoft Services, partners, product engineering, marketing and broader field leadership. GBBs possess extensive experience with executive customer relationships and connections, along with deep knowledge of our competitor’s offerings, sales strategies, and the ability to cultivate relationships with customers.
The role involves working as part of a global team, and although regionally based, the person hired will also support colleagues in other geographies. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, customer obsessed and will work closely with the CSG Enterprise Security Executives, the CSG Detection & Response Team, local sales & services account teams, product engineering, and applicable partners to pursue corporate priorities and business opportunities
- Lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's Identity protection and Azure security products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- Own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to the customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- Partner with product management and engineering to uncover and prioritize improvements and enhancements to your assigned technologies.
- Support partner and field sales training and enablement.
- Help identify and remove technical, architecture, and competitive blockers for your respective solutions.
- Influence the Azure advanced security and Identity protection solutions go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to your assigned customers for Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access, Intune, Mobile Application Management, Microsoft Cloud App Security and/or advanced Azure security services like Azure Security Center, Advanced DDoS Protection, Azure Firewall, and Azure WAF.
You will be a Technical Solution Leader
- Identity Protection and Azure Security Architect. The expertise and ability to integrate complex elements and customer requirements into innovative technical architectures in the cloud-based identity and access management and advanced Azure security solutions required.
- Cloud Trust. High-level expertise in sophisticated identity, authentication, security, privacy, and compliance requirements, and experience integrating them into cloud and hybrid solutions required.
- Technical breadth. Enterprise customer level experience with cloud, hybrid infrastructures and adjacent technologies, architecture designs, migrations, and industry standards; broad experience with Office 365 and Enterprise Mobility + Security applications & services, Windows 10, and Surface; and competitive product knowledge required.
- Technical depth. Domain authority, having enterprise customer level technical experience with design, configuration and implementation of cloud-based identity and access management solutions and advanced Azure security solutions including Microsoft’s Intelligent Security Graph, Azure Active Directory, Intune, Microsoft Cloud App Security, Azure Security Center, Azure Firewall, and Azure Advanced DDoS Protection as well as competitive product knowledge required
- Community Builder. Understand capabilities of, strategically be able to work with, influence cohesively, build and grow, Microsoft’s (or similar) customers, members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations, internal and external communities and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong people negotiation, organizational, presentation, deep technical product demo, writing, and verbal communication skills required.
- Market Maker. Strong leadership to influence key technical decision makers, influencers, industry decision makers and boards required.
- Consultative Technical Selling and Challenger mindset. Validated experience in consultative technical selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customers problems and being customer focused required.
- Performer. Highly driven passionate person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
- Lead. Able to lead, inspire and mentor members of the Microsoft (or similar) sales, services, and marketing organizations and Microsoft (or similar) partners required.
- Growth Mindset. Experience and passion for learning (technical and soft skills); implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, training, and certifications
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Identity’s platform, Intune, Conditional Access and/or securely architecting Azure workloads
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, or related field
- 8+ years of related experience in a technical sales and/or technical consulting roles
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft Identity Platform (AADP, Conditional Access, Privilege Identity Management, etc.) and/or securely architecting and deploying Azure workloads
- High technical aptitude and hands-on experience working with enterprise security solutions and programs, especially Microsoft’s cybersecurity solutions
- Significant, hands-on experience architecting and/or deploying threat detection and response solutions for enterprise-class customers
- Experience and/or knowledge working with Azure services and workloads, or other public cloud ecosystems
- Experience developing strategies and architectures for securing cloud workloads, including productivity SaaS applications and IaaS and PaaS workloads
- Experience and direct responsibility for developing security architectures for companies and/or governments and for overseeing the implementation and execution of said strategies
- Well-developed ability to influence without authority to drive change
- Strong oral & written communication skills, strong influencing skills, experience in public speaking to large and small audiences.
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
- Certification in one or the following: GISP, SSCP, GICSP, GSEC, CEH, GSE, CISSP, Microsoft Certified Azure Security Engineer, Microsoft Azure Solution Architect
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.