Software Engineer, Technical Support at qtApply Now
About the Role
We are looking for a Support Engineer to reinforce our Qt Technical Support team in Tokyo. You can be just starting out in your career or have already several years of experience from the field.
The Qt Technical Support team works hand-in-hand with Qt developers and is committed to ensure the success of our customers Qt projects. Qt customers are provided with exceptional support and guidance on the use of Qt APIs, functions, methods and programming techniques for all the platforms Qt runs on. With new features in Qt products and increasing customer base we are searching for highly motivated developer to complete the Qt Technical Support team.
In this role one can be at the beginning of their career but highly motivated and have some experience in software development from before. You should be passionate about great customer service and always interested in making customers achieve their goals.
- Provide optimal Qt coding solutions for customers
- Fix bugs in Qt products
- Work closely with customers and help them to achieve their goals
- Work on several Qt supported platforms
The ideal candidate will have the following skills / competencies / knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in developing GUI software
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Good English language skills
- Native Japanese language skills
Additional technical qualifications will be an advantage:
- Familiarity with Qt APIs and the QML language
- Graphics and OpenGL development experience
- Hands-on experience of embedded software development tools and methods
- Open source community involvement and development
Why join The Qt Company?
We offer a highly international work place with uniquely skilled people from around the whole world. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. Our culture embraces openness, learning, encouragement and fun.
- A chance to work with highly talented embedded software engineers
- Ability to contribute to the cutting edge technology and product
- A family friendly, diverse, sociable workplace where
Qt Group (Nasdaq Helsinki: QTCOM) is a global software company with a strong presence in more than 70 industries and is the leading independent technology behind millions of devices and applications. Qt is used by major global companies and developers worldwide, and the technology enables its customers to deliver exceptional user experiences and advance their digital transformation initiatives. The company's net sales in year 2019 totaled 58.4 MEUR and it employs some 340 people. The Qt Group operates in China, Finland, Germany, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Russia, the USA, France, UK, Italy and India. To learn more, visit http://qt.io.
For more information, please contact: Karim Pinter, karim.pinter(at)qt.io