Software Engineer, E-Commerce Application at qvcApply Now
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide troubleshooting on applications problems and technical & operational support with limited guidance.
- Escalate issues to the right party (external solution providers included) and drives toward resolution.
- Participate in technical design and SDLC. Ability to develop, configure, code, and test programs from specifications with limited guidance.
- Present all work in design review and code review sessions to senior team members, and must be able to explain and support decisions made and actions taken.
- Create or choose an approach or procedure from a variety of complex options for addressing a work task.
- Document changes and enhancements to current systems with limited guidance.
- Prepare documentation that describes installation and operating procedures, including application user guides with limited guidance.
- Test own work and contributes to the development of test plans.
- Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and business clients to clarify requirements and report on progress.
- Effectively identify and escalate delays, issues, risks, and highlights to project managers, project leads, and/or related stakeholders as appropriate.
- Build productive networks with internal clients.
- Assist other team members with their assignments (e.g., onboarding junior team members).
- Respond to user problems, including issues escalated from more junior team members.
- Share knowledge effectively with team members.
- Cooperate with and works effectively with other IT team members (cross-functional collaboration across borders).
Java 6. (preferable in Java 8)
Experience in developing Java web applications. (spring or struts)
Basic knowledge about Android development and release process.
- Web Application
Fundamentals of the web applications like (request, response, https, cookie, session, web server , application server)
Understanding of what is query, table, procedure etc. Should be able to write at least simple queries.
Good to have knowledge about NoSQL database (Mongo DB or couchbase or any other db)
Should have good problem solving skill, to be able to trace the issues by looking at the logs and by asking relevant questions to the relevant stakeholders.
Good communication in English or Japanese.
- Source control – Git or SVN or any other tool
- IDE : Eclipse or Android Studio or any other IDE
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more of the following technologies:
- CMS (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Bi-lingual (English, Japanese)
- Multi-tasking and flexibility in fast-growing/fast-changing working environment
- Good to have an experience in developing micro services.
- Total 3+ years in working at foreign-owned corporation
- Retail industry knowledge
- Participation/contribution in global projects
- Collaboration with internal business stakeholders or worked in an environment providing technical development support for external clients
Candidate should be willing to work (learn) on multiple systems/tasks.