Senior Enterprise Application Engineer - PHP/Ruby/Java (Global Ad Technology Supervisory Department): GATD at rakutenApply Now
Marketing and advertising plays a very important role in the Rakuten Ecosystem. We are responsible for systems used in marketing/advertisement activities, and closely communicating with each of region business teams.
Our mission is provide high quality marketing/advertisement services to users and generate revenue by it. In particular, we provide mail marketing services to e-commerce platform users of Japan, USA and Taiwan.
Our organization has members of diverse nationalities. In addition, by defining clear expectations roles and responsibilities for each job and mutually following each other, we work to maximize the outputs of the organization. Members work together while fulfilling each other's role at three locations in Japan, Singapore and India.
Senior Enterprise Application Engineer is responsible for the high quality engineering from service design to development, testing and release.
In addition, in the event of troubles or user inquiries, will respond mainly as a system person in charge.
- Be proactively engaged in a whole process of development project (requirement analysis and definition, system and architectural design, implementation, testing and verification, application deployment, system monitoring, etc.) while having a sense of responsibility
- Work closely with project/product managers and other engineers to achieve project outcomes
- Lead collaboration and cooperation with horizontal organization, like Architecture team, Infrastructure team, etc.
- Be one of the accountable people for high system availability, high system performance and high system maintainability by doing operation and maintenance, system monitoring and trouble shooting
- Take the initiative in trouble shooting in 24/7 and make a trouble report presenting the cause of issue, expected impact and preventive measures
- Identify and develop appropriate architectural specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Proactively identify hidden system issues/risks (including life cycle management) and improvement opportunities, make action plans for those issues/risks and execute those plans
- Support team member and contribute to the maximize the output of the organization
- Improvement activities related to engineering across organizations
- Performing duties that understood the organization's policy
- Experience with a built environment which designed a system composed of multiple units in scale
- More than 7 years' experience in developing PHP or Java-based web applications
- Leading experience in web application design, development, testing and release
- Monitoring on 24/7, trouble handling experience
- 3 years' front-end development experience
- Experience with development that secured security in cooperation with external QA
- More than 3 years of Linux CUI work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business in Japan.
- Willingness to actively acquire technology
- Development experience in team
- Working experience of Ruby, Perl
- Knowledge in E-Commerce / Digital marketing
- Development experience in remote environment
- Bachelor degree