Software Engineer - Networks at rapyuta roboticsApply Now
Our Tokyo Engineering team is changing gears to meet the growing needs of our awesome customers - from a handful of robots to hundreds of robots, from a small team to multiple squads. The team works closely with some of the premier enterprise customers in Japan to build state-of-the-art robotic solutions by leveraging rapyuta.io, our robotics platform, and the surrounding ecosystem. The team’s mission is to pioneer scalable, collaborative, and flexible robotics solutions. The work we do here does not stop with our products. Through rapyuta.io, they will be distributed to enable anyone to build great solutions.
The specific product this position is for is a warehouse automation system which has up to 100 robots operating in a single installation. This scenario introduces scaling problems which the network engineer is expected to solve. Not only will this role include maintaining the networking infrastructure; it will also include writing software to scale and optimize our network traffic.
In this role, the Engineer will be responsible for:
- Develop software to scale and optimize Rapyuta’s network traffic
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP, and client machines
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximise network efficiency and security
- Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- Fluency in English
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with networking software (e.g., OSI Model, TCP/IP, IPTables, NAT, Deep Packet Inspection, IPV4, IPV6, routing protocols, etc.).
- Coding experience in C/C++ and Python
- Experience developing large scale distributed systems
- 3+ years of work experience in the networking industry
- Understanding of the Linux operating system
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with ROS and ROS2; experience with DDS
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Fundamental understanding and experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- Japanese language ability
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- International working environment
- Bleeding edge technology
- Working with exceptionally talented engineers
- Relocation and visa support