CDP Software Engineer at treasure dataApply Now
Arm Treasure Data began by offering data warehousing and processing services, since then we’ve moved further up the value chain with our Customer Data Platform application (CDP), which is seeing a lot of traction with customers new and old. Moreover, CDP is the fastest growing offering we have and is front and center in most major initiatives across the company.
We are seeking a leader that cares about cross-functional application development and can nurture a team to deliver a high quality application which addresses deep customer needs. Additionally, as a leader within the engineering organization you’ll be a part of broader planning and ultimately aligning your team with the outcomes.
This role requires leadership by example and will have you making regular individual contributions. Currently, this involves building out features in the backend for CDP such as new APIs, maintenance and refactoring, carrying out code and design reviews, and testing through unit tests and the like. Furthermore, our approach is not static and as part of leading the team we want you to help evolve how we do things.
You and your team will work with other Engineering Teams, Product Managers, UX Designers, QA Engineers, and Customer Support Staff to understand what to build next and how to do it. You will collectively build, maintain, and operate the CDP application, while continuously monitoring, evaluating, and course correcting based on key metrics.
The ideal candidate will be able to help our team improve product related outcomes and generally push forward the state of the art of CDP development practices at Treasure Data.
Things you will do
- Focus the team on highest impact projects, lead delivery and identify major initiatives on clear timelines.
- Identify and remove roadblocks for the team.
- Continue to provide small individual contributions where necessary as a way to augment the team’s work and help them succeed.
- Nurture a culture of high quality engineering within the team, maintaining a strong sense of responsibility, and ensuring testing is always a priority.
- Understand the software development lifecycle and produce relevant metrics.
- Partner with Product and other parts of the organization in order to meet roadmap deliverables.
- Independently manage your team members, setting clear expectations, providing constructive feedback contributing to their career growth, and handling difficult management situations.
- Determine headcount and lead recruitment efforts.
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets, technical areas of focus, and across two geographical locations and time zones.
Work the team does and you will participate in:
- Build, expand & improve, and maintain the CDP Java backend.
- Build, expand & improve, and maintain the CDP Ruby on Rails API
- Write high quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced startup environment with tight schedules.
- Be responsible for the entire CDP application system, including the key-value data stores and PostgreSQL databases.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to be able to react and respond to production incidents.
- Collaborate with other teams in charge of the underlying data platform in defining requirements and initiatives to support the CDP objectives.
Your experience and skills will include:
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing one or more highly productive software engineering teams.
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with a proven track record for timely delivery.
- Experience building and maintaining systems as part of a SaaS product / product line.
- Experience programming in Java and other typed programming languages.
- Exposure to Ruby.
We would be thrilled if you had:
- Some experience with programming languages such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
- You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs. Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
- We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Working at Arm Treasure Data
You can expect a work environment where the team is collaborative and open to your ideas, while we keep our collective eye on supporting our customers’ needs.
Our team is committed to technical innovation in our product and in the world through customer collaboration, open-source projects, and by continuing to make our product an integral part of our customers’ growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Arm Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Arm Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs.
Agencies and recruiters, we cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!