Sr. IT Support Engineer, Japan (Tokyo) at twitterApply Now
We enable Twitter to succeed through innovative technology and excellent support.
Who We Are:
Twitter IT is looking for an extraordinary Senior IT Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience and delivering world-class technical support. Our team works cross functionally with our partners in IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new employees, provision new hardware, provide hands-on support and adhere to security standards for all Twitter employees. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees around the world, in over 35 offices in 19 different countries.
What You’ll Do:
You will be a customer service and support evangelist, working with the team and assisting our customers via in person walkup, support tickets, email and chat. You will work closely with help desk staff to build and maintain IT support documentation and tools, coordinate schedules, administer IT queues, handle escalations and drive IT initiatives. You love building relationships with customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting and are passionate about providing the best customer service experience possible, mentoring others and driving best practices within the team.
You will do the following:
- Troubleshoot hardware and applications, provide technical support and problem solving
- Resolve problems in a timely manner or escalate on behalf of customers to IT leads or managers
- Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
- Handle system access and maintain user accounts, passwords, data integrity & security
- Manage relationships with vendors, subcontractors and 3rd party providers
- Assist with inventory and purchasing processes
- Own and drive IT projects and deliverables for the team
- Participate in interviewing, training and mentoring team members
Who You Are:
- You have exceptional Mac troubleshooting skills
- You are awesome at providing technical support and love solving problems
- You are always learning and expanding your technical expertise in IT supported technologies
- You excel at documenting issues and providing updates to management, the team and end users
- You understand the importance of asset inventory and how to maintain an organized help desk
- You love standards and understand that consistency and an adherence to methodologies helps any organization scale.
- 3-4 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
- Experience driving support ticket management and tracking
- Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
- Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x, iOS and Android
- Extensive technical knowledge of Windows 10
- Network fundamentals and support experience (network configs, VPN, printing, etc)
- Experience supporting Shoretel or other VOIP systems
- Google Apps for Enterprise experience (Gmail, GCal, GDocs, etc)
- Knowledge of audio/video conferencing solutions and support
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
- Some regional travel to support offices
- Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
- Conference Room A/V support experience, including Chromebox for Meetings
- LDAP and Active Directory experience
- Google Super Admin experience
- Mobile Device Management (MobileIron or Airwatch) Admin knowledge
- Slack admin, Box admin, Jira & Confluence, OKTA or SAML knowledge
- Terminal or command line (Git, SSH, etc ) experience
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.