Senior Systems Software Developer
- To provide custom engineering and technical support to customers based in Japan to help them build products using the QNX Neutrino operating system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop expertise in QNX Neutrino OS and Momentics development tools through training & software development.
- Liaises with customers regarding product performance, problems and system design.
- Investigates and resolves difficult and complex product problems by applying knowledge of design principals, procedures and practices
- Conducts field-tests and troubleshoots complex technical problems determining causes and appropriate remedial action.
- Maintain problem status and problem resolution records. Prepare reports on problems encountered and methods of resolution ensuring overall systems integrity and reliability.
- Develop prototype and demonstration systems as technology samples for customer use.
- Deliver custom engineering services based on job orders from customers
- Participate in product reviews, design or enhancement projects and testing in order to share knowledge based on customer experience.
- Follow and ensure compliance to workplace operating and environmental, health and safety procedures and guidelines.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
The role of a solutions software developer is very dynamic. The above describes essential responsibilities and activities that are typical for an incumbent in this job. This in not an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Depending on organizational requirements, other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 or above years experience in embedded software development and/or
- 3-5 or above years experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting operating system software
- Working knowledge of the QNX operating system and embedded software development principles.
- Strong C, C++ development and design skills a requirement.
- Fluency in English and Japanese languages is a requirement.
- Familiarity with common automotive or embedded processor architectures (i.e. ARM/x86/PPC/SH)
- Real-time systems programming experience considered an asset.
- Experience developing OS and drivers considered an asset
- Experience developing software with networking stack & drivers, USB stack & drivers, graphics or multimedia considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm and a desire to learn about new technologies a requirement!
Work Tools Used:
- Computers, peripheral equipment, diagnostic tools and pertinent software applications.
Effort and Working Conditions:
- Moderate visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Stress levels associated with resolving problems under customer pressure for product/system performance.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required.
- Physical effort may include the exertion associated with hardware installations
LinkedIn Job Tag #LI-JC1
Job Family Group Name:Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5