Software Development Engineer
This job is to create embedded software for the next-generation of spacecraft and planetary rovers for ispace, inc. It is required to have the demonstrated experience in creating real-time software for aerospace equipment, automotive control, robotics, and similar high-reliability products. The job includes all phases of design, from defining system architecture, design, implementation and testing. Prior experience with high reliability product designs and implementation is a must. The ideal candidate has experiences in system-level development of real-time operating system and understanding of radiation effects on electronics. A desire to iterate designs quickly and interest in performing hands-on prototyping is highly required. Candidates working closely with FPGA or electronics engineering will be given preference.
- Participate in product definition, requirements, specification, design,implementation and testing phases.
- Collaboration on architecture design and communication protocols with other engineers.
- Development of data interface with transponders and navigation sensors and so on.
- Support integration, troubleshooting and testing of electronics.
- 3+ years of experience designing and coding embedded firmware for high-reliability applications
- Experience with bus, communication, and networking protocols (RS-422, CAN, PCI, Ethernet and etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficient in C programming language
- Written and spoken English, positive attitude, self-driven and interested in working in a start-up environment
- Relocate to Japan
- Have knowledge in Aerospace or Space Engineering.
- Development of device drivers based on a data sheet and its performance turning based on results of simulation and profiling.
- Development of firmware for RF communication systems (e.g., Wi-Fi, 802.15.4g, LoRa, and UWB)
- Written and spoken Japanese preferable.
- Salary - Depends on skills and experience
- Work Hours -Discretionary Work system(裁量労働制) or Flextime will be applicable
- Paid Leave - in compliance with Japan Labor law
- Other Holidays - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holiday, Summer : 5 days, Winter : 5 days, and Thanks Holiday(for any occasion) :2 days
- Probationary Period - 6 months
- Performance Review - Basically twice a year
- Work from Home - Applicable after probationary period
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers' Comp and Unemployment Insurance)
- Retirement Age: 75 years old
- Language Lesson(English, Japanese) : Under certain conditions
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over the phone.